I bought the OnlineMoneyz domain on July 27th exactly 1 year ago and I think it’s time to look back at what my goals and ideas were for the site back then and what my goals are now.
You can scroll past the My Plans section if you’re only interested in the income report or my future plans for the site. (Keep in mind I only started creating income reports starting in March, but I kept some information about my income starting in January so most of my income is from the last 6 months and not a year.)
My First Plans
My main reason for creating this website was because I was a Swagbucks member for over a year and I didn’t know that other sites about making money online existed (or that /r/Beermoney existed) so I decided that it would be a great idea to be the first person ever to create a website about making money online.
I never did any research. I didn’t know what SEO was, let alone how I should do SEO, and I didn’t think that I was getting into a competitive niche.
What was I thinking?!?
As most of my readers know the “make money online” niche is one of the most competitive ones online on par with weight-loss and gambling.
However I didn’t give up and this website introduced me to the world of SEO, content marketing, affiliate marketing, and many other wonderful things.
I’m not an expert on any of those topics, but I know enough to be able to rank Amazon Affiliate websites in low-medium competition niches and I know where to go if I need an answer to a question about SEO or other topics.
I’ve learned so much in the past year and I’ve finally found the things that I truly enjoy doing at this point in my life right now.
Now let’s talk about how much money I’ve made in the past year!
Last Year’s Income
I didn’t start keeping track of my income until January 2015, but you don’t lose much information as before then I was spending most of my time learning about different ways to make money online and figuring out what I want to do.
- UserTesting- $591 As you can see this was my main source of income. I’m slowly trying to move away from UserTesting towards more passive methods, but the extra $100 per month goes a long way towards developing new sites so I’ll take it! All of the income is January or later
- PerkTV- $195 Pretty darn good for a $50 investment! This number could be higher but I use Perk Points to buy Bitcoin which is more expensive.
If I only got Amazon GCs this could be around $250 I think, but I needed BTC to invest in PaidVerts and other sites.
- G2A- 21.57 This is all from one blog post I published in November on one of my other sites. No other work required. It ain’t a lot, but I’ll take it!
- AdSense- $70.26 My monthly Adsense earnings have been steadily increasing since I started my OnlineMoneyz YouTube channel a couple months ago. I stopped posting videos on my gaming channel as I wanted to focus on other things, but that was recently enough to where it didn’t affect my earnings. My OnlineMoneyz channel is also way more lucrative than the gaming channel. 5x the CPM Sadly my YouTube channel got banned so I had to move to DailyMotion.
- Amazon- $105.32 I created my first Amazon Affiliate site in February. You can read the case study here.
It made me around $50 even though it was a bad time for the niche I was in, but I decided to create a couple more sites to diversify my niches. I currently have 2 more sites that are starting to make some passive dough for me and 3 more that are still in the process of being ranked on Google. I’ve noticed that it takes 1-3 months for the rankings to get to the point where you either start seeing a profit or you need to give the site a little Web 2.0 boost to go higher.
- Bitcoins- $9.38 This comes from referrals on a couple of BTC sites and also Anonymous ads which I use to advertise one of my blogs. It’s a tiny amount, but I like the fact that it’s in BTC.
- Other- 58.22 This includes the Enroll App, Opinion Rewards App, innoPoll and Lucktastic.
- Referral- $117.25 This is referral money from FreeEats and MXWRK. It’s not exact, but it’s fairly close.
- Forgotten Income- $50 ish? This is the money that I earned through Swagbucks and other sites for the first 6 months that this site was live. I’m not exactly sure of the number, but $50 should be a fair number.
- Total- $1168.00 After adding it up the number is surprisingly bigger than what I thought it was. I’m very excited to see what the next year brings as now I actually know what I’m doing and my monthly income is never less than $100 at this point.
Plans For Next Year
I’m going to keep working on sites like UserTesting and others to make money that I can use to reinvest into my future projects, but my goals are much bigger than what I’m making now.
Amazon Affiliate Plans
At this point I have 6 Amazon Affiliate sites total.
Only 3 of them are making me any money right now, but the other 3 are very new and I don’t expect them to make me money for at least 2 months.
I have 2 problems with my current Amazon situation:
- 4/6 of my sites target smaller products with a fairly small commission.
1 site targets products $200+ and the other targets products from $40-$200.
The small sales are helping me increase my Amazon commission, but without big sales that number is useless.
- Most of my sites are fairly small. This isn’t a problem in itself as long as they’re making money and providing helpful content, but since they’re very targeted keywords it’s nearly impossible to grow it into an authority site.
I have a site with around 45 pages of content and I was going to say that I wasn’t sure how else I could monetize it and increase the number of articles on the site except for fairly small Amazon commissions. (The items are small)
However I thought of the perfect CPA Affiliate program I could add to the site that would both bring my site visitors very useful content that they’re already looking for and make me some additional cash. Win Win!
The rest of my sites are pretty small though, so I want to either create a site that targets high value/high commission Amazon products. ($800+)
Or build an authority site that will be monetized through Amazon and other means, but once again I would like to target higher value products as I’m tired of seeing the $.02 commissions from Amazon coming in. 🙂
The niche and keyword research will be a little tough, but I’m confident that I can find a good niche if I keep on looking.
I’m getting between 3-10 people to sign up under me on PaidVerts without any work at all so sooner or later I might get a “big fish” to sign up under me.
My total ref commissions are around $150 right now, but with the sites getting a new admin everything is looking up and I think it will be more attractive to investors than ever.
If I can get one person to join who will invest $1000 and reinvest 1/3 of his earnings to stay in the same BAP group, I’ll be making a pretty solid $100+ per month! I’d say that’s pretty good!
I’m also doing some day-trading on MTV and clicking ads on PV, but the daily profit isn’t very high right now for me.
Other Site Plans
I’m working on 2 big projects right now that have the potential to bring me a lot of money, but they could also crash and burn spectacularly.
I’ll tell you more about it when they become successful or when they burn.
I also have 3 Twitter accounts and 1 Instagram account at the moment that I’m growing, and I’m probably going to add 3-5 more Twitter accounts to the mix.
If I can get to 30,000+ followers on Twitter that could be absolutely HUGE for one of my big projects. (This project will be launching sometime during this September or October and you won’t miss it because I’m going to launch it with a bang!)
My goal for this site is to have another big journey like my Amazon one where I’ll show you all of the successes and problems I have while working on the sites.
I love those kinds of posts (I read way too many on them on different forums) and I wouldn’t be surprised if you felt the same way.
I also want to post a little bit more often as it seems that most of my posts are income reports, but I’ve been working on many projects without posting about them on here because either they’re just small tests I’m running or I don’t feel like sharing my secrets yet. 😉
Either way I hope you find whatever I have to post useful.
I also added a couple more programs to my Internet Marketer Toolkit and I’ll be sharing links to them and more information about them in a later post.
For now, thank you for reading and if you have any questions or suggestions please comment below!