This is my 14th income report for this blog.
Every month I publish a post like this showing:
- how much money I made
- what I worked on
- and what my plans are for the future.
These reports will help me keep myself accountable, and hopefully I can help you figure out how you can make money online.
What I Did in April
While it might not look like I accomplished a lot in April, it was a very busy month for me both online and offline wise.
- Finished the local website work and will get paid for it this month.
- Planned out my outsourcing strategy for the future and set milestones for my Upwork writer.
- Got featured on Matthew Woodward’s income report roundup- Free traffic, backlinks, and simply super awesome to be on his site!
- Commented on a bunch of blogs in order to build relationships, get links, and traffic. –This will be its own post, and I might even do a big project on this.
- Spent a ton of time running with my track team.
- Got hammered with AP exam prep and other homework.
- Read a ton of books on selling, marketing, and stuff like that.- Too much reading, not enough action!
Plans For May
I always set a ton of goals and then end up not accomplishing most of them so from now on I’ll have a goals section here that I’ll have to check off in my next income reports.
- Finally publish my huge post. -This is happening no matter what. Whether I’m ready or not, I’m publishing it this month.
- Clean up the number of websites that I have and shift to having multiple authority sites instead of many small sites.
- Add at least 4 articles to one of my newer Amazon affiliate sites.
- Clean up my Amazon affiliate sites. –I want to get rid of the ones that aren’t making me money, double down on those that are making me money, and start a different authority site to combine a couple of the smaller ones I have.
- Create and publish the dang reddit ads course. -This just has to be done. Period.
- Publish at least 1 post per week on OnlineMoneyz. -I never post enough on this blog and I always feel bad about it so I think it’s time to change!
I’ve been doing some blog comments which got me some extra traffic, but not a lot.
You can see a big bump of traffic on the 29th though because that’s when I got featured on Matthew Woodward’s income report roundup.
It’s a nice visitor boost, but I need to have more content on my site to actually convert them to long-time readers.
Here’s my traffic for the month:
I’m quite happy to see most of the numbers being green.
It’s also great to see a lower bounce rate because I remember the times when it was around 85%.
Not very good.
My traffic is still very low at about 30 pageviews per day, but I can definitely get over 1,000 in May.
Amazon Affiliate Websites Traffic
This is a new section I’m adding for those interested in my Amazon affiliate websites.
Since most of my income comes from that, it might be interesting for some of you to see how much traffic I get on each site and how much money I’m making from each of them.
BAB is my highest traffic site by far (I have acronyms for all of my sites because I don’t want to reveal the URL, but I need some way to keep track of them.)
This site brought in a majority of my income with $1,147.51 for April.
That’s about 10 cents per visitor and 5 cents per page view which is pretty solid.
WHQ is an up and coming site that I started not so long ago.
The traffic is pretty solid, but the bounce rate is high and the income is low so I have to figure out how to fix that.
This site only made $87.79 which comes out to about 5-7 cents per visitor.
Also not bad, but not where I’d like it to be because most of the products are higher value than BAB.
Here are the numbers that everyone loves to see!
- Amazon Affiliate- $1776.07 Another huge month! I was hoping I’d break $2k because I made about $1,100 in the first 15 days of the month, but then the sales slowed down. Next month will be much lower because the hot season for BAB is over. (This is from 5 Amazon affiliate website that I own)
- Content Samurai– $300.00 Not double from last month, but it looks like it increases by $100 every month? I wonder if this is going to stop eventually, but I’m okay with this getting to the $1,000 per month. 🙂
- Total- $2076.07 Another HUGE month! Next month will be much lower so I better get to work to make sure that it doesn’t drop below $1k.
- Aweber- $19 Monthly subscription.
- AdSense Site SEO- $39 Paid for traffic at the beginning of the month. Got some traffic and then the seller disappeared. Won’t be doing this ever again!
- Upwork- $20 Outsourced an article for WHQ.
- Ads- $35 Still experimenting with some Facebook and reddit ads.
- Total- $113 Pretty low-expense month for me. Not bad!
Total Profit: $1,963.07
My profit is nearly at $2,000.
It’s been a year since I created my first Amazon affiliate site and dove into internet marketing and I’d consider getting nearly $2k profit in a month after a year to be a success considering that I’m doing this part time. (I have school for 8 hours per day, and then there’s homework, sports, life…)
This just goes to show the nearly anyone can reach the same level as me, and most people could probably do it much faster if they didn’t do it as part time as me.