This is my 16th income report for this blog.
Every month I publish a post like this showing:
- how much money I made
- what I worked on
- and what my plans are for the future.
These reports will help me keep myself accountable, and hopefully I can help you figure out how you can make money online.
What I Did in June
June was a pretty productive month for me and I was finally able to start focusing on my new big venture.
- Merged my reddit advertising site with this site.- That’s why there have been so many reddit advertising posts lately.
- Updated the content on my BAB affiliate site, and added a couple more sections to each of the 30 posts.- I’m getting a steady stream of natural backlinks to the site so I’m hoping the rankings will go up before the hot season for the site is upon us.
- Started my new big venture.- I don’t want to share the URL yet, because I don’t want Google checking my site yet.
- Bought a domain and setup the WP site.
- Bought a logo from Fiverr.
- Installed a theme and got most of the things looking how I want them to. There’s still a couple issues that need to be fixed though.
- Created an outline for all of my posts and videos.- This will make it much easier to pump out 2-3 posts per day which is what I need to do right now.
- Published one post and video.- Took me longer than I would’ve liked it to, but I was figuring out the best way to do everything.
- I also read through many real estate investing blogs, and while that’s something I can see myself doing later on in life, I think website investing is the best option for me. It might be a bit more risky, but I can handle the risk at my age.
- Took college entrance exams and had my orientation.- Gotta do these things, you know? Takes away time from work, but it’s not like I’m 100% productive all the time anyway.
- Installed You Need a Budget- I want to know where my money is going and I’m going to put the money I’m not using to work. I invested my tax money into Kickfurther, and I might invest more into it as the returns are pretty sweet for not working at all.
This is my second month having this section, and it’s my first full month after writing my ultimate goal post.
- Edit the posts on BAB and prepare them for next year. SUCCEEDED
- Figure out the rankings of my posts on BAB and add some content and small backlinks to the ones that are close to being at the top. SUCCEEDED– I figured out the rankings, but I was getting a lot of natural links so I decided not to mess with it.
- Merge OnlineMoneyz, Snooads, and JVReviews. SUCCEEDED
- Start working on my game guides project.- This is the big one. PARTIALLY SUCCEEDED– I finished everything except for the Facebook page, Tumblr page, and writing the specific game guides. I have an outline setup though and I even did the keyword research for a total of almost 350,000 searches so I think I succeeded here.
- Buy a domain.
- Set up the basic WP site layout.
- Plan out the categories and sections.
- Plan out the content/videos.
- Create the YouTube channel, Facebook page, and Tumblr page.
- Start writing Clash Royale and Diep.io guides.
Plans For July
I always set a ton of goals and then end up not accomplishing most of them.
From now one my goals will align with my goal of paying for college using my online income, and the idea of focus. (I’ll only focus on one big project at a time.)
July is also my girlfriend’s birthday and our anniversary so I won’t be working on those days, and we’re also doing a big one week trip where I won’t be working at all so basically all of this has to be done before the last week of July.
- Get at least 30 more posts up on my gaming guides site.
- At least 15 of these posts should be about Clash Royale.
- The rest can be about random Ketchapp games or .IO games.
- Publish at least 15 videos on the YouTube channel.- I was planning on having a video for every post, but not each post might need a video.
- Contact other Clash Royale writers and video creators and ask if I can use some of their content for my site with a link to their YouTube channel, reddit profile, etc…- I saw another big site in the Clash Royale niche doing this, but I think he’s just copy and pasting content without permission so he’ll get caught eventually. He also has a ton of issues with duplicate content on the site so I’m not too worried about it.
- Create a Facebook and Tumblr page for the gaming site and connect them to the Jetpack post autopublisher.
- Fix up the theme a bit, and open the site up to Google.
- Add menus.
- Figure out the layout of the homepage.
- Figure out the size of the featured images.
- Create redirects from category pages to me-created pages.
The traffic seems to be decreasing, but Matt published his income report roundup later than usual so I didn’t have the regular boost of traffic from there.
I also didn’t do as much blog commenting as during the previous months so my traffic suffered a bit.
It’s nice to see the session duration and the number of pages per session increase, but I haven’t been doing anything so I’m fine with what I get.
Amazon Affiliate Websites Traffic
This is a new section I’m adding for those interested in my Amazon affiliate websites.
Since most of my income comes from that, it might be interesting for some of you to see how much traffic I get on each site and how much money I’m making from each of them.
BAB is my highest traffic site by far (I have acronyms for all of my sites because I don’t want to reveal the URL, but I need some way to keep track of them.)
I made $320.34 from the site in June which is close to my income of $346.31 in May.
At the average monthly income of $300 I should be able to sell this site for $6,000, and at the average income of $500 per month I should be able to sell it for $10,000.
I don’t have any plans for selling the site as of today, but it’s good to have that option.
I’m surprised I even earned that much because no one cares about this niche after the beginning of May.
I like that the traffic is staying pretty steady, but I’d like to see it go up soon because of the natural backlinks that I’m getting.
WHQ is an up and coming site that I started not so long ago.
This site only made $23.01 compared to $60.08 in May.
The traffic dropped overall, but I’ve done no work on this site at all because I’m focused on the gaming project.
It’s good that there’s some content on the site because I can let it age and then come back to it later when there’s more natural backlinks and DA behind it.
Here are the numbers that everyone loves to see!
- Amazon Affiliate- $439.77 Not bad for an “off” month!
- Content Samurai– $522.24 Only increased by $50 compared to last month. Not sure if it’s because no one cares about it in the summer, or if I should expect my income to drop soon because no one cares about the product anymore.
- Shopify Affiliate- $79
- Total- 1041.01 Barely over $1k, but nearly $3k off of the income needed to pay for college. I’ll keep reinvesting and working on my new big project.
- Aweber- $19 Monthly subscription.
- Long Tail Pro Subscription- $37
- Buy My Future- $250 Bought Jason’s future.
- Mastermind- $95 Definitely worth the price!
- Fiverr- $15 Logo for the gaming site.
- SerpLab- $5 Finally decided to support them as I’m tracking more keywords for BAB and I’ll need to track a lot of keywords for my gaming site.
- Total- $421 Pretty low-expense month for me. Not bad!
Total Profit: $620.01
Another low month for me.
I doubt I’ll see any income from my gaming venture in July, but there might be a smaller increase in August.
BAB will also have more sales in August so hopefully I can squeeze by and continue my streak of $1k+ revenue months.