This is my 18th income report for this blog.
Every month I publish a post like this showing:
- how much money I made
- what I worked on
- and what my plans are for the future.
These reports will help me keep myself accountable, and hopefully I can help you figure out how you can make money online.
What I Did in August/Part of September
As you can see I’m posting this income report in the middle of September which is 2 weeks later than usual, and that’s because August was an incredibly busy month for me.
I moved all the way accross the country with my parents, and then moved back nearly to the same place two weeks later for college.
I had a surprising amount of time to work on my online businesses during that time as I had nothing else to do in between unpacking and moving out.
- Hired my first full-time VA! I hired her through Onlinejobs.ph after getting about 20 applications. She’s been great so far and MUCH better than the Indian VA that I’ve used previously. Hoping to keep her for a long time.
- Revived my BNT affiliate site by buying 5 PBN links to it for $100 for 4 months, which catapulted it to the top of Google and now it’s making me $100-$200 per month when before it made me anywhere between $0-$100 per month.
- Found a ton of keywords to use for my WHQ site. My VA is writing content for this site currently using my templates. I do have to edit the articles and add some photos and links to them, but I haven’t had time because of real life obligations. (I should probably just show my VA how to do this as it will simplify the process for me greatly. I can’t believe I haven’t thought of this yet!)
- Wrote a couple posts for my new, high-end products site, but I don’t have a logo and only have 1 post up and 3 somewhat done posts. I spent 5+ hours on each post for this site, and right now I can’t write articles for it because of real life commitments.
- Bought $60 worth of keywords from two different sellers. Both of the keywords were great and definitely worth the time of buying them instead of finding them myself. However, I splurged on $200 worth of keywords in the beginning of September and while it was expensive, I don’t have time to do keyword research right now.
- Moved to Lousiana with my parents.
- Moved back to Michigan for college and started my college career! There’s a surprising amount of homework and there’s SO MANY things to do. Choosing between different clubs, evening activities, and friends vs homework is tough. If it wasn’t for my VA, I wouldn’t have accomplished anything in September.
I’m currently focusing on Amazon Affiliate, and while I didn’t technically accomplish all of my goals in August, my VA helped me accomplish all of them and more in September so that counts, right?
- Get 10 more product review posts on the site and one huge “best of” review post. FAILED– Although I technically failed this because I didn’t focus on the right site, I’d like to say that I somewhat succeed. There are at least 20 posts in my backlog on WHQ to check, add links to, and post, and the hardest part of writing them is done.
- Figure out at least 3 ways of getting whitehat backlinks to the site. FAILED– This one I didn’t do at all. Whoops?